Tech Manager (m/f/d)
Join a super crowd! - Become part of our award-winning digital and physical events.
At Super Crowd we are a highly motivated, decentralized team that has created digital MMO event worlds and physical events such as MAG Online, Indie Arena Booth Hybrid and the Hamburg Games Conference Hybrid.
In 2022, gamescom and thus our Indie Arena Booth will not only take place digitally after a long "Covid break", but also on site in Cologne. Therefore we are currently looking for event support and YOU as a Tech Manager (m/f/d) on a freelance basis.
You should be prepared to be on site for long, long gamescom days in Cologne before and during gamescom (from Aug 18 - Aug 29). Also, you should be able to visit our storage facilities in Wuppertal before the event, presumably in July, to take inventory and help packing our hardware and items for the event. Therefore, it would be good if you lived in the area.
Tech Manager (m/f/d) at Super Crowd means that you contribute to our event with technical and craftly skills as follows:
- Creating neat spreadsheets of the tech inventory in our warehouse in Wuppertal
- Creating an overview of the needed hardware and communicating the needs
- Packing the hardware in our warehouse in collaboration with our booth building team
- Communicating with sponsors and devs
- Leading a tech squad at gamescom who distributes the hardware to the devs
- Setting up the hardware at the convention
- Leading a small tech squad at the convention
- Distribution and supervising the hardware distribution to developers and booths
- Keeping track on the hardware inventory during the convention
- Being available for tech help during the convention
This is what qualifies you:
- You are respectful in dealing with people from any origin or sexual orientation and an absolute team player
- You have experience in the event sector, especially in taking inventory
- Confident knowledge of English in order to be well prepared for the international trade fair with contacts from all over the world
- Your strengths include strategic thinking and a reliable and conscientious way of working with an eye for details
- You know how to prioritize and keep a lot of different balls in the air at the same time and stay relaxed and nice to your co-workers - nothing fazes you, not even gamescom stress ;-)
- You have an understanding of production processes for digital and physical events
- You have a general interest in video games, digital interaction and physical events
- You can communicate openly and honestly. You recognize needs and possible blockers in advance and communicate them.
Why Super Crowd?
- Because of our international environment with an extensive network
- Because we are pioneers in a new global industry with gamified online and hybrid events
- Because of our cool and innovative product that users love
- Because with us you have the opportunity to work independently and autonomously
- Because we offer you remote work with tools like Miro, Slack and Google Drive
- Because we are driven by innovation and forward-thinking
- Because you will work in an extremely awesome group :-)