Join a super crowd! - Become part of our award-winning digital and physical events.
At Super Crowd we are a highly motivated, decentralized team that has created digital MMO event worlds and physical events such as MAG Online, Indie Arena Booth Hybrid and the Hamburg Games Conference Hybrid.
In 2022, gamescom and thus our Indie Arena Booth will not only take place digitally after a long "Covid break", but also on site in Cologne. Therefore we are currently looking for event support and YOU as a Volunteer Manager (m/f/d) on a freelance basis. You should be prepared to be on site for long, long gamescom days in Cologne before and during gamescom, you can do the rest remotely from anywhere.
Volunteer Manager (m/f/d) at Super Crowd means that you contribute to our event with organizational and communication skills as follows:
- Preparation and coordination of the registration for volunteers
- Discuss volunteer requirements (number and tasks) with team colleagues
- Prepare and open the registration in the backend
- Promote registration launch (especially on Discord)
- Evaluate the registration phase after a certain period of time
- Send acceptances and rejections
- Creation or update of the volunteer overview
- Creation and adaptation of rules and briefings
- Creation and adjustment of shift schedules
- Coordination of volunteers during trade fair operations (partly also during set-up and dismantling)
- Organization and participation in events for volunteers
- Communication with the volunteers via Discord - before, during and after fairs (partially community management)
- Creation of feedback surveys and strategies to improve volunteer management
This is what qualifies you:
- You are respectful in dealing with people from any origin or sexual orientation and an absolute team player
- You have experience in the event sector, also in dealing with volunteers or as a team leader
- Confident knowledge of English in order to be well prepared for the international trade fair with contacts from all over the world
- Your strengths include strategic thinking and a reliable and conscientious way of working with an eye for details
- You know how to prioritize and keep a lot of different balls in the air at the same time - nothing fazes you, not even gamescom stress ;-)
- You have an understanding of production processes for digital and physical events
- You have a general interest in video games, digital interaction and physical events
- You can communicate openly and honestly. You recognize needs and possible blockers in advance and communicate them.
- You have experience in creating action plans and responding to various needs.
Why Super Crowd?
- Because of our international environment with an extensive network
- Because we are pioneers in a new global industry with gamified online and hybrid events
- Because of our cool and innovative product that users love
- Because with us you have the opportunity to work independently and autonomously
- Because we offer you remote work with tools like Miro, Slack and Google Drive
- Because we are driven by innovation and forward-thinking
- Because you will work in an extremely awesome group :-)